Ambulatory Blood Pressure: What is Ambulatory Blood Pressure?
ambulatory blood pressureThe full name is noninvasive blood pressure monitoring (ABPM), which continuously records daytime and nighttime blood pressure required by the design mode through the examined blood pressure recorder, thus avoiding the objective difference between single blood pressure measurement and "white coat phenomenon". It is helpful to screen critical and mild hypertension, evaluate the antihypertensive effect of antihypertensive drugs, explore the degree of target organ damage and estimate the prognosis, etc.
Compared with occasional blood pressure measurement, ambulatory blood pressure has the following advantages:
(1) Eliminate the chance of accidentally measuring blood pressure, emotions, exercise, diet, smoking, drinking and other factors affect blood pressure, and reflect blood pressure more objectively and truly.
(2) Ambulatory blood pressure can obtain more blood pressure data, which can actually reflect the change law of blood pressure throughout the day.
(3) For the early asymptomatic patients with mild hypertension or borderline hypertension, the detection rate is increased and they can be treated in time.
(4) Ambulatory blood pressure can guide drug treatment. In many cases, it can be used to determine the therapeutic effect of drugs, help select drugs, adjust the dosage and time of administration.
(5) Determine whether the target organs (organs susceptible to hypertension) of hypertensive patients are damaged. In hypertensive patients with myocardial hypertrophy, fundus dynamic vascular disease, or altered renal function, diurnal differences were small.
(6) to predict the time of sudden onset of cerebrovascular disease in one day. When blood pressure suddenly rises in the morning, it is possible to have cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
(7) Ambulatory blood pressure is of great significance in judging prognosis. Compared with conventional blood pressure, patients with high 24-hour blood pressure had higher rates of mortality and first cardiovascular disease than patients with low 24-hour blood pressure. Especially under the age of 50, diastolic blood pressure <16.0kPa(105mmHg) and no cardiovascular disease in the past, the measurement of ambulatory blood pressure is more meaningful, it can guide drug treatment and predict the onset of cardiovascular disease.
Blood pressure measurement is a crucial aspect of monitoring cardiovascular health and blood pressure monitors are playing an essential role to fulfill BP monitoring for different measurement environments and purposes. The most common blood pressure monitors being used to serve hypertensive patients are clinical blood pressure monitor for clinical settings, ABPM for ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, and home BP monitor for regular blood pressure monitoring in the home environment. Today we will explore the differences between home blood pressure monitors (BPMs), clinical BPMs, and ambulatory blood pressure monitors (ABPMs), shedding light on their features, uses, and benefits.
High blood pressure is the most common disease in cardiovascular health issues. Monitoring blood pressure is a vital aspect of managing high blood pressure. This empowers patients to have accurate information about their blood pressure health and take control of their health and navigate their blood pressure journey with ease. To make the blood pressure monitoring journey more convenient and more accurate HINGMED works consistently and provides different blood pressure monitors for different BP measurement environments. Here, we will explore the HINGMED BP monitor’s capabilities and its role in empowering individuals to proactively manage their blood pressure and overall well-being.
Blood pressure readings are a cornerstone of cardiovascular health, offering a glimpse into the intricate workings of our circulatory system. As the heart pumps, it exerts a force on the walls of our arteries, and this force is what we measure as blood pressure. But what exactly are these readings, and why are they so pivotal to our well-being?